When you’re headed to the beach or the pool, there’s no doubt you want to look stylish and chic without sacrificing personal style. One staple of every swimmer’s wardrobe is the LBS, or little black swimsuit. Almost every woman has at least one, if not several, little black suits that slim and shape while making the wearer feel classically beautiful. One of the newest trends in this style is the black mesh swimsuit, a modern twist on one of the most beloved pieces worn in the water. Here are a few different times you’ll want to opt for your mesh suit as opposed to an opaque one.
When You Want to Show or Hide Skin
The amazing thing about this type of suit is that it is suitable for wearers seeking a suit that covers up more skin as well as those who are looking to show a little more without baring it all. Here are some of the ways that this type of swimwear can accomplish both goals:
- If you typically wear a bikini and want to cover up your midsection without looking completely solid, opt for a mesh middle or cutout inserts on the side. This allows you to keep bulges unrecognizable while maintaining the sexy appeal that a two-piece brings. You can choose a suit with a variety of shapes and designs in the position of the mesh as well as the pattern on the fabric, with tribal and geometric shapes as well as more simple patterns.
- If you prefer one-pieces but want to show a little more skin, mesh cutouts can accomplish this while keeping your middle covered up. You can choose a suit that only reveals a small strip of skin or everything a bikini does. You can choose the style and pattern of the covering mesh as well, giving you the option to heavily or lightly obscure the skin underneath.
When You Want to Subtly Create Interest
A black mesh swimsuit can look very similar to a solid one, but have cutout features in a variety of places. Here are a few of the spots you’ll see this fabric on:
- The sides of your bottoms: Whether you have a high-waisted brief or a slim-cut bottom, adding mesh to the side can completely change the look of your entire outfit. Striped mesh offers coverage while increasing interest, while patterned mesh can also be used to add to the rest of the suit.
- A v-neck top: A simple one-piece can be greatly enhanced by adding a v-neck top with mesh insert. This can also allow you to maintain the comfort of having well-fitting shoulder straps while creating a more exotic look on an otherwise simple suit.
- The sides of your top: In a one-piece or tankini, black mesh can be added to the sides to show off skin in an area that is less susceptible to bulges and lumps. This creates visual appeal while keeping the majority of your midsection covered.
When You Want to Cutewe Swimwear
There are many options available in the athletic swimwear world, but some of the more popular styles are those that feature black mesh to create a less covered look while maintaining the comfort and sportiness of active cut suits. High-backs and necks can be beautified with cutout sections featuring mesh underlay, keeping you covered up and secure no matter what activity you’re involved in.
When you’re on the lookout for a new black mesh swimsuit, keep in mind all of the useful ways this trend can be worn. Whether you want to cover up, show more skin or improve a classic suit, adding black mesh can give you the confidence and image you’re looking for.